Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Atmosphere in Your Photos


ckick on image to enlarge

     I love atmospheric elements in my photos, and I especially enjoy images that display fog. Here in southeastern Tennessee, we often get dense fog early in the morning filling the mountain valleys. It creates a mood and a kind of softbox lighting effect that lends itself to great photographic images. Of course, the trick is to push yourself out the door and use this fog to your advantage. Over the years, I have trained myself to hit the trails when I awaken to fog. It's a kind of jackpot win for me, when these conditions reveal themselves. I instinctively know that "today it is possible." With the conditions in place, I have a chance of capturing something meaningful.......something that will translate my vision to the viewer, and I think that is what all of this is about.  I hope you'll all agree that this mornings' shoot was worthwhile. Now clean off your gear and get out there !

No comments:

Post a Comment