Monday, June 11, 2012

Hummingbird Season Once Again




click on image to enlarge

      Every year I look forward to the return of Hummingbirds into my gardens. They bring an incredible allure and source of endless entertainment to my summer evenings. I love sitting in the garden with a nice glass of wine, while I try to capture the action with my camera. Needless to say, these little feathered jewels are incredibly difficult to photograph, but I think that may well be the attraction to them. I love putting my skills as a photographer up against their speed and agility. Every time I capture an image of one of these magnificent little birds, I get a genuine sense of accomplishment. The challenge for me, however, is to get an image that does justice to these very special birds. I hope you'll enjoy these photos and look for these birds in your own garden. 

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to our hummers coming back every year, too. We planted our gardens specifically to attract hummingbirds, butterflies, and other feathered friends, and I can't even explain how wonderful it is to have a yard so full of colour and life. :)

    Your shots above are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete