Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Just a Walk in the Woods


Recently I had the chance to spend some quality time in Smokey Mountain National Park, where I love to just walk. As a bird photographer, I have found countless images by simply strolling through secluded areas in search of the slightest movement or simplest song. Birds, like humans, seem to love the solitude of the forest, and perhaps that is what draws me to them. Deep in the darkest of forests one can find the most incredible beauty. Sadly, far too many of us fear what we can't see, and so we pass by the beauty that lies just past the end of the road. I believe that life is too short to miss what is beyond the road, and I love the exploration of the darkness. I think life would be so much richer if we could all learn to trust the song of the bird that calls us.

No comments:

Post a Comment