Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Sandhill Cranes Have Returned



Once again, the Sandhill Cranes have returned to Dayton, Tennessee. Each year we look forward to the sound of over 15,000 Sandhills filling the skies with their song and flight. It's really one of the most amazing sights in the world. Traveling thousands of miles each fall, these magnificent birds return to the marshes and the fields of rural Tennesse. I am one of the lucky ones, as these birds fly over my house each morning and each evening as the go to feeding areas around Dayton. Each year I go out looking for the perfect image of these birds, but as yet I have not found it. Perhaps it's the hunt that makes it so much fun. For whatever reason, I just can't seem to get enough of these incredible birds.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your post on Twitter and subscribed to your feed. These are very beautiful I also like it when the photographer writes down thoughts about images like you did. Re drab winter, I like images that show true nature, "drab winter" included. Not all subjects need to stand out if you truly love nature photography. The grebe with the sunset is excellent, the BIF of the cranes, etc. so many great shots. Look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete